Download the MyCaddie App
Designed by the world famous architect Harry Colt in 1924 and laid out on what was Brancepeth Castle Deer Park, the stables and coach house being converted into the clubhouse. Harry Colt was involved in designing or redesigning over 300 courses around the world, including Moor Park, Royal Lytham & St. Annes and Wentworth.
Brancepeth is a beautiful parkland course of 6400 yards, SSS 71, offering a great variation of holes. The deep ravine cutting through the course, provides some challenging tee shots.
We are pleased to be recognised as one of the top 100 courses in Britain and Ireland and one of the finest in the North East. The club has played host to the final of the English County Championships and the English Ladies Amateur Championships.
Leaving the Club House and walking down the path towards the first tee provides a first glimpse of the Castle and St. Brandon’s Church. Going through the gate and on to the first tee gives an immediate impression of the character of the course and its magnificent deciduous trees. The silver birch trees (Betula Jacquamonti) on the right between the 1st fairway and 18th green were planted to mark the Queen’s Silver Jubilee. Originally there were 25 trees, one for each year of her reign and they were planted by members of the Club who had been members for over 25 years.
TEL: 0191 378 0075
THE CLUB HOUSE, THE VILLAGE, BRANCEPETH, DURHAM, DH7 8EA