Sales Manager (UK) - Golf Operations - Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Formed in 2011 Whole In 1 Golf have grown rapidly delivering double digit revenue growth year on year and we require excellent staff to join our team to help deliver the companies ambitious plans over the coming years.
We now work with 425 golf clubs across Europe with exciting plans for expansion.
As the Sales Manager (UK) – Golf Operations you will be working at our Head Office in Leeds managing three Golf Telesales Managers and field-based Territory Managers.
As an experienced and tenacious sales manager, you will manage your staff right through the full sales cycle from initial call to closing the sale. You will have experience and a successful track record in B2B sales.
We pride ourselves on our ability to nurture, motivate and reward our people. We offer a great range of benefits from day one, that fully reflect your skills, experience and qualifications and as you grow with us your benefits grow too.
You will be responsible for the procurement of new golf clubs to our portfolio ensuring that there is a consistent stream of new acquisition golf clubs and leads generated to achieve target.
Taking ownership of the day to day management of the inbound team you will ensure that they arrange the necessary quality, and qualified, appointments with the appropriate contacts at the clubs and ensure these leads are followed through to point of sale.
You will have overall responsibility for all contracts, proposals and marketing collateral being sent by the team.
This is a sales focused role, so you will liaise with a Golf Customer Service (UK) Manager within the Golf Operations Department to ensure that a smooth hand-over of all new projects takes place so that relationship can be managed by them from the cradle to the grave.
In addition to working alongside these internal staff within the golf operations department your team will also consist of outbound Territory Account Managers who cover certain areas throughout the UK. You will work with these staff to ensure that they convert these leads and execute their sales meetings accordingly.
You will forge a close working relationship with other departmental heads in the business as the project takes shape and we provide a fantastic product to our golf club clients.
Leading by example, you will need to self- generate appointments and execute sales if necessary. You must have a clean driving licence and be willing to travel on occasions.
You will be liaising with golf clubs daily dealing with a range of personnel from club secretaries, directors of golf, club managers and golf professionals. Some knowledge of golf is desirable but not essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the Golf Sales (UK) team;
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence;
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of each member of your team;
- Build and promote strong golf club relationships at the outset by understanding their needs and ensuring that the handover to other departments is a smooth and seamless transition;
- Present sales, expenses, car mileage and commission reports and realistic forecasts to the senior management team including a weekly report;
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets using a mixture of approaches including but not limited to telephone, email, face-to-face and social media including LinkedIn;
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends;
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts;
- Deliver the company standard induction for all new starters within the department;
- Deliver 6 monthly appraisals to all members of your team;
- Support Territorial Account Managers and attend various golf club meetings with them for teaching and coaching purposes;
- Quality Control of all out-going contracts and proposals to golf clubs;
Essential Skills Required:
- Must have a strong sales and customer service background (15 years or more) in a corporate environment and be able to evidence their success in current or previous roles.
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Client interfacing ability with confidence;
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relationship building capacity with client, partner, and internal team at different levels in the organisation;
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise different tasks;
- Strong leadership capability and the ability to lead by example;
- To be able to offer support and help to colleagues;
- Live within 15 miles of our HQ in Leeds.
- Clean Driving License
- Company laptop/iPad
- Company pension scheme
- Mobile phone
Golf Telesales Executive based in Leeds offering a basic salary of £18,000 to £20,000 plus bonus and excellent company benefits.
As an experienced and tenacious closer you will manage the full sales cycle from initial call right the way through to closing the sale. Experience in B2B selling over the phone is a must.
We are looking for confident self-starters that have a proven track record of success in B2B sales. Due to our rapid expansion plans there will be opportunities for advancement for exceptional candidates.
What's on offer:
- Basic salary of £18,000 to £20,000 Bonus (typically £100 to £1000 per month)
- Company laptop
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression
- On site canteen and chill out area
- Fantastic friendly office environment
The ideal Golf Telesales Executive:
- Must have a strong sales background and be able to evidence your success in current or previous roles
- Be flexible in your approach to achieving targets by using different methods of securing appointments using social media and other marketing for your pitch
- Some knowledge of golf and experience in dealing with golf clubs is desirable but not essential
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of our product and services (training given) with the confidence to communicate this to new golf clubs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Live within easy commutable distance to our Head Office in Leeds
- Full UK Driving Licence
The role of Golf Telesales Executive:
- Proactively grow the portfolio of golf clubs in your designated areas
- Self- generate potential new golf club appointments for outbound Territory Managers or have meaningful phone/web demonstration meetings yourself
- Co-ordinate the Territory Manager diaries booking new meetings at clubs and liaising with other departments with regards to logistics
- Ensure all contracts and proposals are completed and sent to any potential new clubs that we meet, with any other supporting marketing collateral as and when required
- Work with the corporate client sales teams with the ability to forge relationships with staff in other departments of the business who ensure that the project is delivered and maintained over the period of the contract
- Potentially meet new clubs to demonstrate and sell our product in the absence of a Territory Manager where necessary